This is a BSL video linked to the Children’s services move from Queen’s Hospital Burton to the Royal Derby Hospital. Please see the text transcript below.
Due to coronavirus, also called COVID-19, we’ve made some temporary changes to our children’s services. This is to keep our hospitals safe for children, their families and our staff.
- In response to the coronavirus pandemic we temporarily changed children’s services at Queen’s Hospital Burton to keep patients safe.
- We’ve been working hard to slowly and steadily restore and recover some of our services and we’re pleased that we have now reintroduced children’s services at Queen’s Hospital Burton.
- If your child is an open access patient you can now contact the Paediatric team at Queen’s Hospital Burton.
- A&E at Queen’s Hospital is still open to adults and children but can only provide treatment to children with a minor illness or injury who attend in person or who are referred by their GP.
- If your child requires emergency care, please take them to the Children’s Emergency Department at Royal Derby Hospital.
- You can use car park number 4 at the Royal Derby Hospital and then walk to the Children’s Emergency Department entrance.
- If an ambulance is taking your child, they will be taken directly to the Children’s Emergency Department at the Royal Derby Hospital.
- Neonatal services are open at Queen’s Hospital.
- We are grateful to our local communities for working with us during these challenging times, and to our colleagues who have been extremely flexible in supporting us to do the right thing by our patients.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.