Council of Governors
The Council of Governors ensures that the views of members, as well as those of the wider community, are represented appropriately and it has been re-constituted to reflect the wider communities served by the merged Trust.
The Council of Governors is not responsible for the day-to-day management of the Trust, this responsibility remains with the board of directors. However the Board ensures the Council of Governors is fully engaged in determining the future plans of the Trust.
As of 1 October 2018, the Council will comprise of 41 members who are either elected by our staff and public members, or selected to represent the views of the specialist fields in which they work.
If you are interested in learning more about Governors or contacting your Governor, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 785440.
Council of Governors 2018/19
The register of members of the Council of Governors from 1 October 2018 is as follows:
- Maura Teager
- Andrew Loades
Dales and South Derbyshire
- Catherine Devonport
- Nick Seed
- Barry Appleby
- Ranjit Singh Dhanda
- Anne Johnson
- Shirley O Sullivan
- Douglas Sicé
- Rita Merrison
- Valerie Haylett
- Anne Hinks
- Louise Walker
- Graham Lamb
- David Lindop
- Paul Walker
- Michael Flude
Lichfield and Tamworth
- Pam Dhanda
- Denise Baker
Rest of England
- Dr Bill Whitehead – University of Derby
- Professor John Alcolado – University of Nottingham
- Vacancy – Southern Derbyshire CCG
- Councillor Joanna West – Derby City Council
- Kath Cawdell – Community Action Derby
- Councillor Linda Chilton – Derbyshire County Council
- Heather Johnstone – East Staffordshire CCG
- Councillor Bernard Peters– Staffordshire County Council
- Elaine Day – Staffordshire CVS
Staff Governors by hospital site
- Anne Woodhouse – Royal Derby Hospital (RDH)
- Alison Booth – RDH
- Dr Samantha Mills – RDH
- Amit Goyal – RDH
- Rob Bradley – RDH
- Benjamin Smith – London Road Community Hospital (LRCH )
- Cathy Brown – Queens Hospital Burton
- Amanda Scott – Queens Hospital Burton
- Susan Williams-Jones – Queens Hospital Burton
- Vacancy – Samuel Johnson Community Hospital / Sir Robert Community Hospital
Photos and Biographies will be posted on this page shortly.
Governors meet bi-monthly. The meetings for the remainder of 2018/19 are:-
Tuesday 20 November 2018
Tuesday 22 January 2019
Tuesday 19 March 2019
at 5pm at the Royal Derby Hospital. Members of the public can attend the meetings to listen to the discussions.
Agenda packs are published in advance and you can find them under Meetings and Minutes.
Please contact the membership office on 01332 785440 for more information