We hope you have an enjoyable time whilst out on placement at UHDB Trust. We would appreciate your feedback to ensure we can continue to develop.
Placements can sometimes be daunting and a rollercoster of various emotions. We have put together some useful advice, hints and tips to ensure you get the best possible outcome from your placement experience.
What mentors/educators can expect from you
- Be prepared - have insight into the placement area and do some reading around the speciality/area
- Use your initiative and do tasks that do not require clinical knowledge throughout your placement eg answering phones, collecting patients etc
- Make the most of the learning opportunities available
- Show an interest in the placement area
- Adhere to Trust policies and procedures (eg piercings, uniform etc)
- Respect patient and staff confidentiality
- Remember that you are representing your profession, your university and the Trust
- Always introduce yourself #hellomynameis
- Work within your competence and boundaries - always ask for help
- Don't keep your ideas to yourself. Challenge practice and bring in your own up-to-date knowledge
- Be involved. Even on shorter placements, you are still a valued member of the team