What we do
In recognition of the teaching status, PLSU propose to take PRIDE in to all the practice learning environments to ensure we have a Presence Respecting Innovation whilst supporting Development and Education.
PLSU activity includes:
Supporting practice learning
- A web based register of the current mentors, sign off mentors and supervisors (nursing and midwifery)
- A database of all clinical educators (physiotherapy and occupational therapy)
- Inter-professional practice learning focus groups
- 'Practice Placement Facilitators' to provide additional support to students and mentors/educators during placements (all professions)
- A sign posting resource for all mentors, supervisors and students
- Ongoing management and monitoring of the Trennial Review process (nursing and midwifery)
- Running of sign-off mentor workshops (nursing)
- Monitoring and quality assurance (nursing and midwifery)
- Clinical placement interest groups and student forums (therapy)
Mapping the current capacity
- Mapping of current and potential placement opportunities that are not currently accessed by students
- Mapping of all potential supervisors to ascertain current capacity and future planning
- Standardising numbers of studetns accessing all areas to make placement planning more equitable
Continue to work in partnership with Higher Education Institutes (Universities) and other Derbyshire Trusts to ensure both the quantity and quality of clinical placements for all commissioned health professions.
Explore innovations in placement learning
Please ensure that ALL student activity is reported to PLSU to ensure we are meeting the requirements of the Trust, Higher Education Institutions and Health Education East Midlands.