Our data management and statistics teams can provide advice in the methodology for randomisation and unblinding, and set up of the clinical trial randomisation system.
Services at Derby CTU include:
- development of randomisation methodology and specification
- simulation of randomisation method to check balance across stratification factors
- building and testing a randomisation system, electronic, telephone or paper
- maintain the randomisation system and unblinding procedures
- providing automated email alerts (blind or unblind) for each randomisation event
- providing reports, blinded and unblinded, of group allocation
We can provide an online randomisation using the integrated module within our electronic data capture (EDC) system, Dacima™ Software, or independently to our EDC using Sealed Envelope Ltd © for any study design, including cross-over and double blinded Randomised Controlled Trials. Both systems can be accessed 24 hours a day. We also have experience in setting up a paper based randomisation using sealed envelopes for studies where the online randomisation is not feasible.
Visit the Sealed Envelope Ltd website (opens in new window) >
Methods of randomisation supported by our CTU include, but are not limited to:
- simple randomisation
- mixed blocks randomisation
- stratified randomisation
Please get in touch with us as soon as you have a research idea so as to get the appropriate support.