Derbyshire Home from Hospital service
The Home from Hospital service provides practical support for vulnerable people leaving hospital, or those at risk of being admitted.
We aim to support patients with limited or no family/neighbourhood support network. The service is provided by a combination of staff and volunteers across Derbyshire (not Derby City) and is free of charge.
Home from Hospital will support people at home by undertaking the following:
- simple shopping trips
- collecting medication prescriptions
- supporting them to pay bills and make appointments
- arranging for key-safes or pendant alarms to be fitted
- helping to ensure that the home environment is as safe and comfortable as possible
- helping them find and access community activities
- signposting them to other statutory, voluntary sector and community organisations as appropriate.
We can help support with contacting local GP practices, care coordinators, social workers etc, and can alert relevant professionals if someone is struggling to cope at home. This earlier intervention can prevent some people from returning into hospital and promotes independence at home.
Making a referral
If you or someone you know would benefit from the Home from Hospital support service, please contact the general office to make a referral.
For further information, please visit the Derbyshire Home from Hospital website (opens in new window) >