About the Council of Governors
The Council of Governors ensures that the views of members, as well as those of the wider community, are represented appropriately.
The Council of Governors is not responsible for the day-to-day management of the Trust, this responsibility remains with the Trust Board. However the Trust Board ensures the Council of Governors is fully engaged in determining the future plans of the Trust.
The Council comprises of 27 members who are either elected by our staff and public members, or selected to represent the views of the specialist fields in which they work.
If you are interested in learning more about governors or contacting your governor, you can email email@example.com.
|30 January 2024||3.30pm||Boardroom A/B, Trust HQ, Level 5, Royal Derby Hospital|
Amber Valley & Derbyshire Dales
- View profile of Maura Teager, Governor >
- Gloria Cooke, Governor
- View profile of Catherine Devonport, Governor >
- Claire Carter, Governor
- View profile of Sharon Conroy, Governor >
- View profile of Valerie Haylett, Governor >
- View profile of Beverley Martin, Governor >
- Karen Bussooa, Governor
- Sheena Appleby, Governor
Lichfield and Tamworth
North West Leicestershire & Rest of England
- View profile of Ahmed Haroun (Medical and Dental), Governor >
- View profile of Lesley Hayes (Non-Medical, Royal Derby Site) Governor >
- View profile of Benedicta Ndlovu (Nursing and Midwifery, Royal Derby Site) Governor >
- View profile of David Williams (Allied Health Professional at all other sites), Governor >
- Vacant Seat - Non–Medical All other Sites
Health and Information Talks for members
Health and Information Talks for members are organised by the governors in the Membership Engagement Group.
The aim of the talks is to inform members of the work of the various departments within UHDB; to share best practice for personal healthcare, and to provide information about what is happening at UHDB.
Val Haylett, Chair of Member’s Engagement Group, talks about planning for Winter 2023.
Agendas and papers
The Council of Governors meetings are now being held in person. If you would like to attend a meeting please contact the membership office on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to register.
- The public are invited to ask questions relating to matters of business covered on the agenda. For any questions which cannot be responded to at the meeting, a response will be provided as soon as possible afterwards.