Children’s Continuing Care Team
The Children’s Continuing Care Team (CCT) is a team of experienced children’s nurses, respiratory physiotherapists and family support workers.
We provide care for children with complex health needs in the community - at home, school/nursery or respite centres. We are based in the KITE department at the Royal Derby Hospital and provide care for children in Derby City and Derbyshire.
We aim to provide a high quality child and family centred service, promoting social inclusion and empowering the child, family and wider community through education, training and support. We facilitate the wishes of children with complex care needs to live at home, go to school, spend time with friends and participate in community activities.
What services do we provide?
- Co-ordinating the discharge of children with complex health needs from hospital to home
- Development of individualised care packages
- Support and skills teaching for parents and carers
- Being an advocate for the child and their family
- Comprehensive training and assessment of all staff
- Liaising with schools, nurseries and other agencies
- Referring to other services that may be beneficial for the child and family
- Support from a clinical psychologist available for families and carers
- Experienced children’s respiratory physiotherapist
Each child will be referred to our service by the Children’s Continuing Care case manager. Once this referral has been made, each family will be allocated a named nurse within the team to co-ordinate their child’s care.
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Bank holidays: 8am to 5pm
Outside of these hours your call will go to answerphone - please follow the recorded instructions.
The Children’s Continuing Care Team
Derbyshire Children’s at Royal Derby Hospital
Uttoxeter Road Derby