Children's Community Nursing, aka Kids In Their Environment (KITE) team
We are a team of experienced children’s nurses who provide specialist nursing care and support in the hospital, home and the community.
We aim to provide a high quality service, centred around the child and family to meet their needs within the community setting.
We facilitate the wishes of children with complex care needs to live at home, go to school, spend time with friends and participate in community activities.
- Specialist nursing care at home and in the community.
- Care for children at End of Life at home.
- Offer support and teaching/training for parents and other carers to care for their child.
- Liaise with schools, nurseries and other agencies.
- Refer to other services that may be beneficial for the child and family.
- Assist with the discharge of children with complex needs from hospital to home.
- Be an advocate for the child and their family.
Contact and find us
The KITE Team
Derbyshire Children’s at the Royal Derby Hospital
Telephone: 01332 786807 (answerphone available)
Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm
Bank holidays, 9am - 5pm (except Christmas Day)
In an emergency Call 999 for an ambulance or go to the Children’s Emergency Department (Telephone: 01332 783278)
Overnight sleep studies
Welcome to the Sleep Studies Department
Please watch the appropriate video below for a step-by-step guide, demonstrating how to use the overnight sleep studies monitor.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01332 786497.