From Monday 3 February, the outpatient pharmacy service located at the main entrance of Royal Derby Hospital will be provided by Pride Pharmacy, a subsidiary of University Hospitals of Derby and Burton. The Pride Pharmacy team have taken over the service from Boots who chose to end their contract early.
Clive Newman, Chief Pharmacist at UHDB and Managing Director of Pride Pharmacy said: “Pride pharmacy is wholly owned by the Trust and all of its Directors are UHDB employees which will allow us to work closely together to align Pride Pharmacy services to the Trust’s aims.
"We hope to make the transition as smooth as possible for patients and visitors and will be working hard to improve the service provided to patients by reducing waiting times.”
What is not changing?
- The store location is remaining the same - Main Entrance, Level 1, Royal Derby Hospital
- Opening hours will remain as they currently are:
- Monday – Friday: 8am-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-2pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: Closed
- The store will continue to offer a range of retail products
- Staff discount will be available on retail and over the counter products
- All of the Boots staff that choose to, will transfer to Pride Pharmacy
Are there any changes I need to be aware of?
Pride Pharmacy will not have access to the Boots store network so patients who previously collected their prescription from a local Boots store will now be offered delivery to a place of their choice via Royal Mail. Deliveries can be made to a home address, alternative location such as work/family member or to a local Post Office. Please note local delivery will only be available via participating clinics.