So you’re applying for a job but unsure where to start, or even how to change the approach that’s just not getting you noticed. Don’t panic! We have put together some useful tips to help you secure that interview with us.
Take your time
- Your application is the perfect opportunity to sell yourself, so take time in completing this.
What should I include in my application form?
- Each application form you submit must be tailored for the role you are applying for.
- All roles advertised at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust will be accompanied with a job description and person specification. The job description will detail the main duties and requirements of the role, while the person specification will outline the essential and desirable qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes required for the role.
- In your application you need to evidence how you meet the essential and desirable criteria including demonstrating the behaviours and values expected with an emphasis on why you want the role.
- Your experience can be drawn from your previous work experience, academic studies, hobbies and interests.
Can I send in my CV?
- You must complete an online application form, if a CV is required this will be confirmed in the advert or job description.
Before submitting your application form
- Read over your application before submitting to check for spelling mistakes and grammar or ask a friend or family member to cast their eyes over your form.