Making a Difference Awards 2022
On Friday 14 October, UHDB held it’s first in-person awards ceremony in three years at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, with 260 members of #TeamUHDB joining in an evening of celebrating exceptional care together.
The glamorous awards ceremony, hosted by local radio DJ Mark O’Sullivan, saw nominees for 10 awards come together to celebrate in what was a night to remember.
After an unprecedented 722 nominations showcasing UHDB values of excellence, compassion and openness in abundance, the judges had a challenge choosing a shortlist from the exceptional submissions.
See below to find out more about the categories, watch videos of all the shortlisted nominees and find out who won.
Lung Clinical Navigator, Queen’s Hospital Burton
- Amanda Broad, Sister, Royal Derby Hospital
- Graham Frost, Volunteer, Royal Derby Hospital
- Emma Fowkes, Healthcare Support Worker, Queen’s Hospital Burton
Sponsored by Pentax.
Admin and Clerical Project Manager, Trustwide
- Crystal Coe, Tracheostomy Nurse, Royal Derby Hospital
- Sarah Holt, Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist, Florence Nightingale Community Hospital
Openness and Inclusion Award
Mwansa Mulenga and Joseph Ramtohal
for the EMBRACE Staff Network, Trustwide
- Refugee Support Programme – Recruitment Team and Professional and Practice Development Team, Trustwide
- Dr Sunil Mistry and Charlie Malcolm-Davies for the ED High Intensity User Team, Royal Derby Hospital
Fundraiser of the Year Award
Sponsored by Derby & Burton Hospitals Charity.
Corporate Responsibilities Lead for ISS, Royal Derby Hospital
- Nicola Lockett, Generic Therapy Assistant, Stroke Team, Royal Derby Hospital
- Sandra Carlin, Surgical Appliance Supervisor for the Orthotics Department, Queen’s Hospital Burton
Patient Hero Award
Macmillan Colorectal Cancer Navigator, Queen’s Hospital Burton
Community Midwife, Samuel Johnson Community Hospital
- Ange Harris, Midwife for Perinatal Mental Health, Royal Derby Hospital
- Hannah Jones, Registered Nurse, Royal Derby Hospital
Behind the Scenes Award
Medical Director’s Office Manager, Trustwide
- Andrea O’Shaughnessy, Clinical System Support (IT), Trustwide
- Alison Thorp, Chaplaincy Manager, Queen’s Hospital Burton
Education and Training Award
Apprenticeships and Vocational Training Team
- Chief Nurse Junior Fellow Model, Trustwide
- Digital Clinical Team and Digital Education and Training Team, Trustwide
- Undergraduate Medical Education, Royal Derby Hospital
Community Hospital Team of the Year Award
Day Case Unit
Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital
- ImpACT+ Respiratory Team, Florence Nightingale Community Hospital
- Eye Clinic, Ophthalmology Outpatients, Samuel Johnson Community Hospital
Research, Innovation and Quality Improvement Award
Sponsored by University of Derby.
Derbyshire Breast Pain Clinic Team
Florence Nightingale Community Hospital and Chesterfield Royal Hospital
- Dermatology Isotretinoin Team, Florence Nightingale Community Hospital
- Ophthalmic Department, Queen’s Hospital Burton
Chair’s Team of the Year Award
- ED High Intensity User Service, Royal Derby Hospital
- Obstetric Perinatal Mental Health Team, Trustwide
- Juno Team, Trustwide
- The Wellbeing Service, Trustwide
- Discharge Business Unit, Trustwide
With thanks to our sponsors