Specialist medicine physiotherapy team
Therapists provide support and advice to help you regain your previous levels of mobility, if appropriate, on the specialist medicine wards. This includes specialities in respiratory medicine, cardiology, renal, gastroenterology and diabetology.
Realistic treatment goals will be set together with you and your family in order to facilitate a safe discharge to either your home, an alternative residence or for further rehabilitation.
Our aim is to discharge patients in a safe and timely manner, providing appropriate equipment and ongoing therapy as required. Therapists have close links with community services to ensure patients receive the appropriate ongoing physiotherapy they require after being discharged from the ward. There are close links between the acute wards and our community team Impact +, which helps provide a seamless transition for respiratory patients.
Services currently provided
- Close links with community services including Impact+
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Referral to peripheral hospitals for rehabilitation
- Referral to specialist clinics/services including Stroke Team, Neuro-Outreach, Smoking cessation advice, Splints, Orthotics, King's Lodge
- Specialist assessment and treatment- Links with Neuro-Outreach, ITU and oncology/palliative care
- Specialist assessment and treatment of respiratory patients
Contact and opening hours
Telephone: 01332 788791 / 788792
Monday to Friday 8am - 4:30pm, Saturday to Sunday 8:30am - 4:30pm (respiratory service only).