Royal Derby Hospital
Level 3 (between wards 303 and 302), Royal Derby Hospital
Nearest entrance - 24
Head and neck outpatients, Kings Treatment Centre, Royal Derby Hospital
Nearest entrance - 6
Ronnie MacKeith Centre, Children’s Hospital, Royal Derby Hospital
Nearest entrance - 18
Getting to Royal Derby Hospital >
The speech and language therapy service provides assessment and treatment of patients with communication and swallowing problems.
The majority of patients are adults, but we also see children who are patients at the Ronnie McKeith Centre.
We cover a variety of inpatient wards as well as the rehabilitation units at the Royal Derby Hospital and Florence Nightingale Community Hospital.
We also see outpatients, mainly within the ENT department and at the SpARC at Florence Nightingale Community Hospital.
Children can also be seen at home or within an educational setting.
- Adult inpatients
- Adult outpatients (ear nose and throat, head injury service)
- Videofluroscopy clinic (an assessment for swallowing problems)
- Fibreoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) clinic
- Florence Nightingale Community Hospital rehabilitation ward
- Specialist assessment and rehabilitation centre (SpARC)
- Children in and outpatients