East Midlands Imaging Network (EMRAD)
EMRAD is an Imaging network formed by the partnership between the Radiology departments of 8 NHS Trusts in the East Midlands.
EMRAD are in partnership with:
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.
The image sharing system that exists within EMRAD allows NHS clinicians to access diagnostic images of their patients regardless of where the image was taken. The images can be accessed through the hospital information systems by clinical teams within hospitals for instant management of patient conditions. These images are also available and for a second opinion by expert Consultant Radiologists across the region.
UHDB has access to EMRADs advanced image sharing feature which is known as ‘Anyimage’. Patients from Chesterfield with emergency vascular conditions who have their emergency scans at Chesterfield, can have their images reviewed instantly by our UHDB Vascular Interventional Radiologists and Vascular Surgeons and transferred across to us for their treatment.
EMRAD also collaborate with regional and national organisations such as Innovate UK and the East Midlands Academic Health Science Network with the intention of bringing together partners across all aspects of health and social care to identify and test new technologies and better ways of working.
For more information, visit the EMRAD website (opens in new window) >
Contact for further information