Endoscopy at Royal Derby Hospital
The Endoscopy Unit is comprised of seven procedure rooms, four admission rooms, two patient preparation rooms, reception and main waiting area, male and female sub-waiting areas, recovery bed and chair areas and a quiet room.
The Unit operates:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 7pm
- Saturday, 7am – 6pm
- Sunday, 12pm – 6pm (inpatients only)
Endoscopy staff provide a 24/7 on call service which is performed in main theatres out of hours for the Gastroenterologists.
- Upper GI Endoscopy (diagnostic & therapeutic) – Gastroscopy, EUS (Radial & Linear), PEG insertion/removal
- Lower GI Endoscopy (diagnostic & therapeutic) – Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy
- Bronchoscopy & Thoracoscopy
For Out of hours, contact your GP or NHS 111 service. If you feel you need urgent advice, call Ward 305 on 01332 788305, or 01332 787305 to speak with a registered nurse. If you feel you need to be seen very urgently, go straight to your closest A&E department and take your Endoscopy report with you. If you experience any of the following symptoms after your procedure please phone the Endoscopy Team on 01332 785285;
- Severe abdominal or chest pain
- Excessive bleeding (such as black tarry stools, dark brown vomit or bright red vomit)
- High temperature & shaking
From the Main Entrance: Walk straight ahead until you reach the big ‘star’ on the floor, turn left and the Endoscopy Unit is the first department on the left.
From Entrance 24: Walk straight down the corridor, past Nightingale Macmillan Unit on the left and the ‘League of Friends’ shop on the right, Endoscopy Unit is located on the right.
If calling with an enquiry regarding your procedure, please have your appointment letter to hand as staff will require:
- Name & DOB
- Hospital/PAS number
- Appointment date & time
- Contact Number